Zum Inhalt springen

anyone up for an international meet?

bret

Empfohlene Beiträge

... Denmark / Southern Sweden / just over the border?

Something that came up on the UK pages, I was thinking about it before, so I figure I could ask....

Summertime, of course, probably late June / early July. Camping, Beaches to drive on :)

Who's up for it?

Bret

- writing in english because I can then link to it easier from "the other side" :D

Why not - but please "just over the border" and not so far away, like it was planned this year near Göteborg. Perhaps Denmark or Skane (the South of Sweden) - nice beaches too and not so high ferry- and petrol-costs. Furthermore, the south would be interesting for those who just want to make a short trip for a few days and for those, who want to connect the meeting with a longer holiday.

Gruß

Eric

yeah, June / July 2009...

I want a beach I can drive on :D

Bret

Hey, whats about St.Peter-Ording

Ok, not realy a foreign country,

but parking areas on the beach

an Svenno is living around that...

Whats about JAHRESTREFFEN 2009 :D

Bearbeitet von Durnesss
Sorry für mein excellentes Englisch, is lang her...

• 2 Wochen später...

So, dates...

what's good, what's not? Early July? It's close to Jahrestreffen, I know, but otherwise I won't be able to make it.

I think somewhere where there's self-catering accomodation and tent space would be v.good, as then there's a choice. I know I'd prefer the tent, but ours is enormous :)

2009 Juhannus is 20th June, the holidays start on the 27th. UK Holidays start 20th July. I'd have to see just how many parents are involved, I simply don't know.

what are the Bundesländer holidays next year? I'd honestly suggest 21st-22nd July right now.

Oh, and Legoland is 70km :)

Bret

Bearbeitet von bret

Hi All

My name is Chris and I'm one of the two social secretaries on the International A2 Owners Club (www.a2oc.net) and Bret has kindly pointed me over here.

Many thanks for posting in English, my German is quite poor - zwei pretzel bitter is as good as I get (and that will be spelt wrong!)

The idea of an international meet is very exciting - we think ten A2's in convoy is an acheivement but some of the pictures of your meets are truly impressive!

We did have some thoughts about going to Le Mans and supporting the V10TDI's, would this interest anyone? Camping on the North German or Danish Coast is very appealing and while I don't think a huge number of UK cars would come you might get four or five.

I notice dr.cuepeppers is in Paderborn, a place I know as some of my family have lived there, there is a lovely car model shop near the fountain in the city centre (shame about the tramp with the big belly!).

I'll keep an eye on this topic and please feel free to PM me at any time!

Thank you all

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

First of all a warm welcome to the German A2 Forum!

We are really interested in getting in touch with international A2 enthusiasts, and we appreciate the ‘pioneer work’ you guys do over there… ;)

Visiting Lemans is a brilliant idea, but for most of our members this would mean quite a long way to travel (I just checked google maps, to be honest I wasn’t aware Lemans is situated to the west of Paris…).

Anyway, I am sure we will find an adequate place to meet, looking forward to meeting some of you in person!

I met Chris for half an hour or so on Saturday, on the way back from Norfolk.

several words, which I think will be key to this:

- affordable camping, probably with a "base" large hut of some kind (good if the weather turns and it means those who want to stay up later won't keep the kids up!) - would also mean real beds for those who would rather do that.

- Legoland - group discount?

- Beach!

- Dates: 21st July looks to be the best possible; maybe we can get a good rate and keep it for a few nights?!

- Location: Esbjerg seems really practical. We should get some of the Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Luxemburger, Finnish, British and possibly French contingent - it's a drivable distance, (800km from Würzburg, 650 from Dortmund, 580 to Berlin, 1085 to MUC, 965 to Stuttgart) even if it's not next door.

Many Danes seem to speak German - or at least claim to...

High on the list is also Child-friendliness, there are quite a few families around - which is another reason for the Legoland side. Billund (so that's the original one - would we like to try and do a factory tour?) is 70km or so away.

thoughts?

Bret

Bearbeitet von bret

I was in Esbjerg just 2 weeks ago, but stayed on the island of Fanø (which has a nice beach to drive on, camping etc., but the ferry is around €50). I´ll check if there are any beaches a little north of Esbjerg where you can drive on. I know Blavand is popular spot to go on vacation, that would be 40 kms to the north of Esbjerg.

Bye, Frido.

• 3 Monate später...

the A2OC plans a trip to France that sounds quiet interesting: Le Mans 2009 Millau Suspension Bridge Road Trip - International Audi A2 Owners' Club

and maybe we could arrange a meeting between the Audi A2 Club Deutschland and the International A2 Owners Club when the English come to Germany at their Audi germany factory tour - International Audi A2 Owners' Club

Deine Meinung

Schreibe jetzt und erstelle anschließend ein Benutzerkonto. Wenn Du ein Benutzerkonto hast, melde Dich bitte an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

• Aktivitäten

1. 122

6-Gangumbau der Benziner

2. 0

A2 gesucht - Beratung und Tipps ebenfalls

3. 17

Welche Smartphones an orig BT FSE

4. 59

[1.4 TDI] Getriebelager tauschen

5. 45

Pixelfehler FIS Display selbst austauschen, wie Kontrast einstellen?

6. 45

Pixelfehler FIS Display selbst austauschen, wie Kontrast einstellen?

7. 3

Einspritzventil für 1.6 FSI Motor

8. 1.373

LED anstelle H7

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir verwenden Cookies. Mit weiteres surfen erklären Sie sich mit diesen einverstanden.