Zum Inhalt springen

1.2 3L Getriebe Problem!

work_it_work

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hallo,

Sorry for not speaking German, I'm from Romania...

I bought a vw lupo 1.2 tdi 3l from Germany and i have some problems with the car. Going on google i didn't find much help, but i found audi a2 1.2tdi 3l and vw lupo 1.2 tdi 3l have the same engine and gearbox (DS085). This is why i'm posting here, hoping to solve my problem, which no one can solve it in Romania.

The main problem is an electrical one... Running a VAG COM test it tells me the G38 sensor is not working (no signal) so i went to atuo-service and replaced the G38 sensor. I have deleted the error but it keep showing up...

The gear box changes gears, go to reverse, neutral and stop.

The ECO mode is not working... from time to time it works, but very rarely.

Sometimes when i put the gearbox in Drive mode, driving the car forward, it forgets to change the gear up, i have no acceleration, the current number of the gear is flashing on the dashboard screen, then it get back to normal and continues the drive. Sometimes during this error, the warning speaker in dash board beeps several times.

Another symptom is like this: I put the gearbox in Drive mode, and when i drive the car, all the gearbox indicators are highlighted RND12345, no flashing or beep this time, the car still drives meantime, then it get back to normal and displays the correct gear and still drives away.

This is a major problem for me because I'm a student and I have to travel like 400km to go to the next town at school. I can't afford to get stuck on highway knowing my car has some gearbox problems.

Another thing is when the engine is cold, like the car was not started for 12 hours, outside temperature 20 degrees Celsius, the gearbox changes gears somewhere around 3500 rpm. After 30 minutes of driving it starts to changes gears faster then 3500rpm somewhere around 1800-2000rpm.

I have this car since November 2008. It's manufactured in 2001 and in 2004 the gearbox, clutch kit and turbo were replaced.

Since November 2008 i only made 1500km trying to figure how to fix this problem. I never went outside of the town because of this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Bearbeitet von work_it_work

Hello,

could you please check hydraulic oil level first? The most common reason for issues with the gear change is the hydraulic system. Hydraulic oil level is the best indicator to check if your having issues with this in general.

Most often the leaking is caused by part which changes the gears for(Sorry, don't know the englisch term for it). Didn't see that in you list of part have been replaced in 2004. Related to the replacement. Usually you need to make a basic attitude for the gear unit after such a replacement. Has this been done?

As you said you are owning VAG-Com so you may be able to do it yourself.

cheers

Thanks everybody for replying! I never checked that oil from hydraulic pump... on the lid says "do not open" so i didn't open it :)

I will make some pictures to the hydraulic pump and post it here to see how it looks, and where it loses liquid...

I never make any adjustments to the gearbox with vag com after the g38 was replaced, in fact i didn't do anything, just replace the g38 and clear the errors with vag com...

If you can tell me how to proper make adjustments to the gearbox after g38 replacement it will be wonderful

Thanks in advance!

Hi there, I tried to check the link provided, but didn't understand too much because google translation it's not the best. Anyway as far as I see over that topic there was a major problem which hasn't solved by audi workshop...

This problem is not exactly what happen to me... it's different

As far as i know, i must do some software adjustments to the gear box with vag com, after i replaced the g38 sensor. The g38 sensor is the gearbox speed sensor, it reads the gearbox speeds and send them to the gearbox control unit.

What exactly is the block where to look with vag com? I start to believe the gearbox is now in "safe mode" working in "manual mode"

Thank you!

Thanks everybody for replying! I never checked that oil from hydraulic pump... on the lid says "do not open" so i didn't open it :)

I will make some pictures to the hydraulic pump and post it here to see how it looks, and where it loses liquid...

I never make any adjustments to the gearbox with vag com after the g38 was replaced, in fact i didn't do anything, just replace the g38 and clear the errors with vag com...

If you can tell me how to proper make adjustments to the gearbox after g38 replacement it will be wonderful

Thanks in advance!

To check hydraulik oil level you don't need to open anything. Lift hood and have a look at reservoir right hand side. Don't mix it up with brake fluid or engine coollant. If this empty you need to check need to check for leakage at the gear selector, hydraulic pump and reservoir. If not you have different problem.

Hi there, Thanks for sharing this information. I went to the car, looked to the hydraulic tank, and there is no sign of hydraulic liquid inside... I must fill it up i guess, but i don't know what kind of liquid to put there. Can you tell me this information?

I have hydraulic liquid loss under the hydraulic pump. I am sure i must change some gaskets over there...

I am sure there is missing hydraulic liquid because when i open the driver's door, the pump starts to work, and it works for 40 seconds first time, then i can start the engine... The standard time is 20 seconds.

I have hydraulic liquid loss under the hydraulic pump. I am sure i must change some gaskets over there...

I am sure there is missing hydraulic liquid because when i open the driver's door, the pump starts to work, and it works for 40 seconds first time, then i can start the engine... The standard time is 20 seconds.

Mainly its the sealing gasket in the hydraulic shifter, and this one is changeable, but you can't get the part from Audi/VAG. We had a little stock here in the forum, from a member who produced it on his own.

As first help fill up the hydraulic box when there is no pressure in it (!). Trying to fill it with connected pump will result in overfilling and will spill you and your car with oil. Correct oil for the pump would be VAG G 002 000 or VAG G 004 000, both are acceptable. If oil level is ok make an gear box adjustment (called GE aka Grundeinstellung für Getriebe DSG 085). Every dealer with eletronic diagnosis tools from VAG should be able to do this, because its an on screen tool with guided settings.

M.

Hi there, Thanks for sharing this information. I went to the car, looked to the hydraulic tank, and there is no sign of hydraulic liquid inside... I must fill it up i guess, but i don't know what kind of liquid to put there. Can you tell me this information?

In addition to what Cyberjack mentioned. Please replace all sealings and hydraulic tubes. This stuff you can buy at VAG and it is not too expensive. Hydraulic oil as well.

I got back with some pictures of the hydraulic system mounted on my car:

http://tataee1990.lx.ro/lupo/1.jpg

http://tataee1990.lx.ro/lupo/2.jpg

http://tataee1990.lx.ro/lupo/3.jpg

http://tataee1990.lx.ro/lupo/4.jpg

http://tataee1990.lx.ro/lupo/5.jpg

I made a few comments on each picture.

The hydraulic oil loss starts under the Pressure Accumulator, you can see in the pictures too. I will change all the sealing gaskets of the pump next week, but first i have to order them, and make an appointment with the workshop. I am sure this problem will be solved there...

The major problem which I don't know if they are able to fix it, is the g38 sensor error still shown by vag com test results...

What exactly to ask the peoples at the workshop? if they can do "gear box adjustment (called GE aka Grundeinstellung für Getriebe DSG 085)" is this thing similar to gearbox computer remap? They must erase the old software and put a fresh one?

Or simply they must change some values in the gearbox software?

I ask this because the mechanics from local vw or skoda workshop are not the best. If i point them in the right dirrection they can solve the problems, if not, they won;t fix the problem.

They will make the same mistakes... First time i went to them, they replaced the old sensor g38, clear the error inside the car computer and that was all. NO ADJUSTMENT BECAUSE THEY DIDN`T KNOW THAT!!!

I am sure they don't have too much training at VW/Audi headqarters... beside this, there are only two 1.2tdi 3L Lupo`s in the town... mine, and another one.

Thanks again, and waiting for answers on what to ask the mechanics to do with the gearbox adjustments.

I got back with some pictures of the hydraulic system mounted on my car:

tataee1990.lx.ro/lupo/1.jpg

tataee1990.lx.ro/lupo/2.jpg

tataee1990.lx.ro/lupo/3.jpg

tataee1990.lx.ro/lupo/4.jpg

tataee1990.lx.ro/lupo/5.jpg

I made a few comments on each picture. (just add www in front if the links don't work)

The hydraulic oil loss starts under the Pressure Accumulator, you can see in the pictures too.

I will

change all the sealing gaskets of the pump next week, but first i have to order them, and make an

appointment with the workshop. I am sure this problem will be solved there...

The major problem which I don't know if they are able to fix it, is the g38 sensor error still shown by vag

com test results...

What exactly to ask the peoples at the workshop? if they can do "gear box adjustment (called GE aka

Grundeinstellung für Getriebe DSG 085)" is this thing similar to gearbox computer remap? They must erase

the old software and put a fresh one?

Or simply they must change some values in the gearbox software?

I ask this because the mechanics from local vw or skoda workshop are not the best. If i point them in the

right direction they can solve the problems, if not, they won;t fix the problem.

They will make the same mistakes... First time i went to them, they replaced the old sensor g38, clear the

error inside the car computer and that was all. NO ADJUSTMENT BECAUSE THEY DIDN`T KNOW THAT!!!

I am sure they don't have too much training at VW/Audi headquarters... beside this, there are only two

1.2tdi 3L Lupo`s in the town... mine, and another one.

Thanks again, and waiting for answers on what to ask the mechanics to do with the gearbox adjustments.

Deine Meinung

Schreibe jetzt und erstelle anschließend ein Benutzerkonto. Wenn Du ein Benutzerkonto hast, melde Dich bitte an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

• Aktivitäten

1. 2

Partikelfilter

2. 33

Welchen A2 sollte ich zum gelegentlichen Gebrauch und für eine lange Haltezeit kaufen? (Motor, Ausstattung, ...)

3. 33

Welchen A2 sollte ich zum gelegentlichen Gebrauch und für eine lange Haltezeit kaufen? (Motor, Ausstattung, ...)

4. 93

E10 – Verträglichkeit

5. 11

Vom Flop zum Superstar, der Audi A2

6. 161

8. Audi A2 Schraubertreffen am 06.04.2024 in 59510 Lippetal / You are welcome 🚘

7. 2

Partikelfilter

8. 2

Partikelfilter

9. 11

Vom Flop zum Superstar, der Audi A2

10. 161

8. Audi A2 Schraubertreffen am 06.04.2024 in 59510 Lippetal / You are welcome 🚘

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir verwenden Cookies. Mit weiteres surfen erklären Sie sich mit diesen einverstanden.