Zum Inhalt springen

remove rear wing

Auser

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi !!

My name is Claudio, and i live in Italy!

Sorry for my bad english!

I have an AUDI A2 TDI 90cv and i am very proud of this!

I find this your site just now.

I ask you if is possible to remove the rear wing of the A2.

Nobody has ever tried to do this?

Is dangerous for the glasses? The wing is joined to the glass by glue?

Is possible to remove the glue?

Please answer me.

I would like to see my A2 without the rear wing.

Thank you.

Thank you for the answer :-)

But you are sure of this? Wing is fixed only by two bolts? Or by glue too?

If are fixed only by two bolts, i and cut the wing, and after i can cut the bolts or

put a little iron black"hat" over the bolt.

What you think about ? :-)

I want see my A2 without this wing, for to know if i like more or not :-)

In really i make a tuning body restayling just now... and by photoshop i understand that without this wing, my A2 can to have a looks more nice (more coupè tipe).

Nobody try do this in past?

:-)

After this body-car-work, i show on this forum the pictures of my A2

:eek:

By this post.... i can understand that is impossible to make :-(((

The wing is fixed on glasses by bolds but by glue too... i think....

...or not?!

What you think about ?? :kratz:

And about the "security relevant item" i dont think so!!

Bearbeitet von Auser

Sorry, but the idea is imho stupid: The rear wing is not for the look of the car, it is important for the stabilization of the car at higher speed. Look what happened to the first Audi TT without the wing...

To see how an A2 looks like with out rear wing: AL2 (A2 Studie) - A2 Forum

Bearbeitet von A2-s-line

The wing is fixed on glasses by bolds but by glue too... i think....

Yes, that is true. Bolds and glue!

Sorry, but the idea is imho stupid: The rear wing is not for the look of the car, it is important for the stabilization of the car at higher speed. Look what happened to the first Audi TT without the wing...

Well some TT - drivers remove the wing without problems, because the got esp. But the car is very unstable at high speed and the most of the tts without are showcars

And about the "security relevant item" i dont think so!!

Sorry, but I´m :Ding.

Aerodynamics are seriously security relevant.

Trust us.

Ok, we are realy careful because of missing speed limit on the Autobahn.:)

Bearbeitet von Shadout

Forgive me for my very bad english (and for mistake about post position in this forum).

I am Ing too... :)

I know what appened at Audi TT without rear wing... but A2 is not TT, and in italy is not germany (130 kmh max).

We have A2 not formel one car :)

The A2 is a not very hight performance car... and have ESP too...

In really this flaps is for fight "reverb air on the back of the car" for optimise aerodinamic penetration (for go more fast and drink not a lot petrol).... but not for make downforce.

For feell good downforce on your car, you must have a lot of weight strength on the back of the car.... and where this weight passes through ?

Passes through two little bolds and a little glue, and after through a glass ?? :)

Just remember this bolds and what happened in car wash photos :)

About the look.. just the original Al2 prototipe was so nice......

... i know very good this photos...

Only a little glue brake my balls about my plan :)

My A2 "Heibach+Kony+Yokohama" setup without rear wing, will be more sure that a genuine A2 with rear wing ;-) ....only a little more slowly and more dirty on the back side :-))

Si è un'idea pericolosa se con la mia A2 facessi curvoni da appoggio a 240 sul bagnato... ma purtroppo io non li faccio.

But i am very happy by yours right and correct advice.... you are good friends ;-)

Bearbeitet von Auser

I highly recommend to do not remove the rear spoiler!

It is a safety and aerodynamic feature which is very important.

I can not understand people they want to destroy Engineers work of optical reasons.

The A2 has a form of a water trope - which means it will produce up-force on higher speed. Therefore you have the rear wing to compensate is a bit.

And in Italy you can drive up to 160km/s as well - right?

I'm as well not sure that it will be possible to remove the wing without affecting the rear window as well.

There are a lot of other interesting options for the A2 - so why doing that?

What is your motivation for it?

Regards david

PS: do not feel offended but I can not support such ideas.

I dont fell me affended :) but in a forum where so many people speak about tuning, and think or make car changes (spoiler, tires, wheels, setup, lamp, etc...etc...) and destroy by this engineers work too.....is very funny that you dont support this my idea :)

For to know my motivation, you can read my previous post...

Look in the street.... there are a lot of cars with aerodynamics like A2, but without rear wing....

...i repeat... i dont drive in "F.1! but in italy (130 kmh on sun... and 110 kmh when rain) !!

But ok!! We are in europe... a freedom continent... everybody can think what want ;-)

P.S. But David.... where you have "Alukugel mit 105 ABT-PS, Bilstein B6 FAHRWERK, Brembo/EBC/Ferrodo Bremsen, Stahlflex Leitungen und allen" ???? No on the your A2 1.4 TDI i hope!!! You want destroy Engineers work?? If A2

was built in this mood is because he must remain so (dont feel you offence... i joke a little ;-)

I think so you about remove wing, when u speak that i can destroyed the glass :-(

Bearbeitet von Auser

Deine Meinung

Schreibe jetzt und erstelle anschließend ein Benutzerkonto. Wenn Du ein Benutzerkonto hast, melde Dich bitte an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir verwenden Cookies. Mit weiteres surfen erklären Sie sich mit diesen einverstanden.