Zum Inhalt springen

1.4 Benz Injector Fault Codes / Starting problem

chumsofmanutd

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi,

The symptoms I have are that very intermittently my 1.4 Benz will take a while to start - maybe 5-10 seconds of the starter turning over. It's never failed to start and runs perfectly fine once it has started. This has happened when engine is hot and cold. I did a diagnostic scan tonight and the faults it brings up are:

16588 - Injector: Cylinder 4 (N33): Circuit Malfunction

P0204 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

16586 - Injector: Cylinder 2 (N31): Circuit Malfunction

P0202 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

16585 - Injector: Cylinder 1 (N30): Circuit Malfunction

P0201 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

16587 - Injector: Cylinder 3 (N32): Circuit Malfunction

P0203 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

17833 - EVAP Purge Valve (N80): Short to Ground

P1425 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Anyone any ideas what could be causing this?

Cheers Rob.

16588 - Injector: Cylinder 4 (N33): Circuit Malfunction

P0204 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

16586 - Injector: Cylinder 2 (N31): Circuit Malfunction

P0202 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

16585 - Injector: Cylinder 1 (N30): Circuit Malfunction

P0201 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

16587 - Injector: Cylinder 3 (N32): Circuit Malfunction

P0203 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

17833 - EVAP Purge Valve (N80): Short to Ground

P1425 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Hm. Does the engine take these 5 seconds every time?

If not, take the easy route: Delete the error codes, keep your laptop at hand and see when they reappear. If they only reappear after the next "difficult" start, that would be the direction to look at.

If the engine already takes its time for every start, I'd probably takeout the injector rail and see whether it fires away nicely from the beginning. If it doesn't, disconnect one injector at a time until it does - depending on the design of the injection system, a half-living injector can disable the others while it shorts out.

Mind you, I haven't done that, it's only the diagnostic route I'd take. Probably others with more clue about cars will post more sound advice... :)

Hm. Does the engine take these 5 seconds every time?

If not, take the easy route: Delete the error codes, keep your laptop at hand and see when they reappear. If they only reappear after the next "difficult" start, that would be the direction to look at.

If the engine already takes its time for every start, I'd probably takeout the injector rail and see whether it fires away nicely from the beginning. If it doesn't, disconnect one injector at a time until it does - depending on the design of the injection system, a half-living injector can disable the others while it shorts out.

Mind you, I haven't done that, it's only the diagnostic route I'd take. Probably others with more clue about cars will post more sound advice... :)

Hi, no it does not take it's time to start every time. Today, it has started straight away every time! I cleared the fault codes with my laptop yesterday like you said. I will wait to see if they come up again the next time it takes a long time to start!

Thanks Rob.

Deine Meinung

Schreibe jetzt und erstelle anschließend ein Benutzerkonto. Wenn Du ein Benutzerkonto hast, melde Dich bitte an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

• Aktivitäten

1. 98
    2. 34

Welchen A2 sollte ich zum gelegentlichen Gebrauch und für eine lange Haltezeit kaufen? (Motor, Ausstattung, ...)

3. 98

E10 – Verträglichkeit

4. 98

E10 – Verträglichkeit

5. 98

E10 – Verträglichkeit

6. 98

E10 – Verträglichkeit

7. 2

Partikelfilter

8. 34

Welchen A2 sollte ich zum gelegentlichen Gebrauch und für eine lange Haltezeit kaufen? (Motor, Ausstattung, ...)

9. 34

10. 98

E10 – Verträglichkeit

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir verwenden Cookies. Mit weiteres surfen erklären Sie sich mit diesen einverstanden.