Zum Inhalt springen

#ITX: Icetrack2019

bret

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jo, seit Tagen ist es unter 0. Hier ist der Höchsttemp für den nächsten 10 Tagen 0; bis -6 oder so Abends keine Seltenheit. Schneit auch gerade. Heute morgen war es glatt wie sau auf die Strassen. Wir brauchen noch 1-2 Wochen so :)

- Bret

• 1 Monat später...

Hello,

We are on the ice in less than six weeks, so here's some updates for you, especially since I spoke with Aki yesterday. 

Information
1. Those who have paid - thanks. If you haven't, please leave it now and we will sort everything out at the hotel itself. At least food and accommmodation are paid directly to the hotel at the hotel. You will receive more information after next weekend, because... 
2. I will go up next weekend to talk with Trackmeister. That will clear up what we have, where and when and I will add the information into the roadbook. 
3. If you have a roommate preference, please tell me. Much of it is clear, not all is.
4. We are around 21 cars and 36 people. I currently have one car with unclear status. 
5. There will be an awful lot of filming done. More on that below. 
6. Because we're a larger group, we will need to stagger food times in the shelter, but I'll add that in to the roadbook. We'll sort this out with help from the marshals.
7. ITX official Threema Group has now been created. If you are not in it and think you should be, please get back to me. If you're on FB and not invited to the event, please get back to me. I now have five different comms channels - Whatsapp, Threema, FB, Forum and email, never mind phone and SMS...

Sunday night was -20C up there and lots of snow is due Wednesday, then it should drop back to -17 or so.

Actions for you
1. Allergies for food to me, please; I know we have one milk issue, but any other requests (vegan, lactose intolerance etc.) beforehand please
2. If you are *not* taking the food package, tell me before 1st Feb.
3. Please confirm your roommates, I'll create a google doc with Aki and share it for this purpose.

About filming

This event relies on tracks that are subject to local regulation. Some councils are more sympathetic than others and especially when local businesses are involved; those businesses need to be successful with track for it to make financial sense for them to jump through bureaucratic hoops. 
To help this success along, we need a good marketing video - the cost point for a track on the lake when you're not doing it for the hell of it is significant.
What this means for this event: there will be lots of videoing going on. Aki may well be providing a drone operator, and both myself and at least one photographer / video dude will be working to get lots of action and atmosphere. 
I'm trying to get plate covers sorted for you to cover the registration / license plates on your car. If I get them sorted, please use them, you can keep them. You will need to take them off again on the public road. If you have no problem with your registration plate being visible, that's also OK to a point, but please don't be surprised if one of the film people asks you to put a cover back on for a specific shot. The video of ITX doesn't need to be quite so uniform, but a marketing one should be. 
We will avoid faces unless we've specifically, personally, spoken about it, and I will ask you to sign a model release form if you will be visible / recognisable; this is standard practice. I will preview the final cut for you guys before it goes anywhere.

If you want to contribute footage, tell me. I will have several TB of disk space with and won't be leaving until early Monday, and I'd prefer to copy it while there if possible.  
This filming is very important for the long-term viability of track. 

I intend to have the roadbook ready to publish next weekend, after I've been up north; that will contain all the final information. If you have any questions, it's bret dot pulkka stone klammeraffe gmail dot com.

- Bret 

a couple of points from the weekend and the roadbook creation:

- we already have 20cm ice

- everything is now dependent on the weather staying cold; we're due to drop to -16 here even by the end of next week...

- we do not have the house at the lake this time, alternative facilities will be provided

- Track 2 is under construction just as soon as possible

- The 4 road is now camera'd up properly, it was not last year

- The lunch space is similar to last year, but we should have the hut next door, too (which is larger and has a massive table); but it's unheated. Let's see what the weather dictates.

- Carwash should be possible at Teboil Vesanto. It is no longer Aki's, but I will see if I can get a deal for some cleaning and the ability to leave cars in the hall overnight to dry properly. 

- Tervo ABC is now closed. We will need to meet at Karttula ABC instead (this is fine, I actually know this one better...).

- I saw an elk wander across the road in front of me on the way down yesterday. Elk are a problem, keep your eyes open.

Any requests for track facilities? George asked for space to do 360s, I think we can set that up. I want a wider main straight for slalom and elktest stuff.

Also: any requests for Monday? 

I will publish the Roadbook when I've double-checked it.

- Bret

Es gab von der Trackboxengasse einen Weg zu einem nahen Haus, welches offen war und wir dort die Toilette benutzen durften.

War zwar nicht dort, kann mich aber an die Info vom Bret dazu erinnern.

Das ist beim IT10 nun nicht mehr verfügbar.

Mein Verständnis, warten wir auf das aktuelle Roadbook.

• 3 Wochen später...

Alles sieht im Moment noch gut aus. Wettermässig ist es etwas fragwürdig; könnte sein dass die ernsten Spikes nicht benutzt werden können, wenn die der Oberfläche zu arg angreifen.  Alles eine Frage des Wetters.  Es gab wieder Stress wegen Schnee hier - es hat nochmals gut 10cm geschneit und es hat Trackmeister das Leben sehr schwer gemacht.

- Bret

Kar de Mumma war sehr gut heute... ich war ja in Jyväskylä. Sicht war teilweise unglaublich schlecht wegen aufgewühlten Schnee - und der GRA vom Octy schaltet sich auch wenn ein ESP-Eingriff notwendig wird... 

Friday Menü: 

Käsige Lachssuppe

Rind / Chorizo eintopf

mifu-gemüse wok

und das übliche á la carte. ich werde wieder ein Hähnchenwrap und Butteraugensemmel nehmen. Morgens waren die noch warm, da ist mir Butter auf'm Teller rausgequollen. Sehr gut. Die Espressos sind auch noch ganz tolerabel.

- Bret

^^ das hat Wochen gedauert. Fast überall nur Probleme mit Eis - sehr langsam gekommen da es so viel schnee gibt....

yr meint auch inzwischen um -2 bis 0 mit plusgraden erst spät am Sonntag. 

Schauen wir mal.

- Bret

Deine Meinung

Schreibe jetzt und erstelle anschließend ein Benutzerkonto. Wenn Du ein Benutzerkonto hast, melde Dich bitte an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir verwenden Cookies. Mit weiteres surfen erklären Sie sich mit diesen einverstanden.