Zum Inhalt springen

Red brake warning light

gagge

Empfohlene Beiträge

I have an A2 1.4tdi from 2002. For some reason during brakeing often a bit heavier brakeing the red brake warning light heads up in the instrument cluster.
Sometimes it just disappears soon after and sometimes it stays longer, it can even stay after turning the ignition off. Then when I turn ignition on the three warning beeps sounds and the warning light displays. And then it can just disappear.

I have checked the brake fluid reservoir. It is just between min and max.
I have checked with diagnostic, no stored fault codes.
I have checked that the 3 braking lights works.

I tried to brake hard on a gravel road when the warning light was on and the ABS works perfect. The traction control also works.

I have changed the brake warning light switch for about 1 year ago, but then all warning lights showed up and the brake lights did not work. So I do not think that this switch is the cause this time.

What else can I check? Have someone else had these problems in the past?

Regards

If your A2 is equipped with driver information system (DIS=bigger screen in the instrument cluster) then you can try to push the left button on the instrument beside the time/date display whenever the warning light is on.

It may tell you further details of the error on the DIS-screen then.

Deine Meinung

Schreibe jetzt und erstelle anschließend ein Benutzerkonto. Wenn Du ein Benutzerkonto hast, melde Dich bitte an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir verwenden Cookies. Mit weiteres surfen erklären Sie sich mit diesen einverstanden.