Zum Inhalt springen

Audi A2 1.2 TDi Stalling as soon engage 1st gear, rambling noise in neutral.. want to fix it!

mrbizzy

Empfohlene Beiträge

Dear audi fellows in Germany, i understand this is German site, and do not mean to come rude but i simply can not write German so i will post in English. i hope it will not upset too many of you and maybe i will get some answer in the end.

so, to the point.
Since i bought my A2 1.2TDi many years ago already and it was my dream car back then. I still like the car as a model and am fascinated by the engine but my exact car has been still for most of the time i owned it.
So last summer i did overhaul the gear actuator and adjusted all fine. in test drives was working fine. so i took it with the smile on my face to the yearly control station so i can put it back on road and what do you know, 5 km before the control station i am on the side of the road again with blinkers. Damn!

Symptom - could not take off. as soon the 1st gear "was engaged" car stalled. it was not smooth, it was like switching into gear without clutch at all, i guess that was exactly what was going on. And besides that i heard a rumbling sound while the engine was running in neutral, so i made a conclusion that the clutch bearing has had it and towed it home.
Now, i did not touch it through the winter as i do not have a warm garage, but this week have managed to remove the gear for inspection, and the clutch bearing and clutch itself looks very good. At this point i need a suggestion about what next step to consider. I am in Latvia, and that is one reason why i have to do it myself as few times with audi dealer was very disappointing and independent garages can only brake it instead of fixinig it (proven!) and most of them don't even touch it.

I have tools, patience and have repaired my cars enough to try and get it back on road again for summer, but i am clueless what to do next with this situation.

please, wise and experienced people, pour some of your knowledge on me.

Moderator:

Moved to english language forum.

Is the guide jacket of the clutch release bearing still ok? Mine was totally broken.

May you check with VCDS what the actuator actually does. Sounds like a bad potentiometer on the clutchcylinder.

hei c_a. great to hear from you.

The sleeve is intact, just as is the clutch disk and bearing.

Actuator was ok when i did adaptation just before that short ride of ca 45km. Also now i can not test it as the gearbox is off the engine already.

hei c_a. great to hear from you.

Actuator was ok when i did adaptation just before that short ride of ca 45km. Also now i can not test it as the gearbox is off the engine already.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb mrbizzy:

Even if the adaption/basic setting run succesfully it can still be the clutch actuator that is faulty.

In fact it is likely when the symptoms seems solved after a basic setting and come back after some time, that it is the clutch actuator that is faulty.

Other things to check first:

-Is there enough hydraulic oil in the system (to be checked without pressure in the system, e.g. after one day without driving)?

-How old is the pressure accumulator beside the hydraulic pump (if older then 5-6 years, it is better to replace it)?

Deine Meinung

Schreibe jetzt und erstelle anschließend ein Benutzerkonto. Wenn Du ein Benutzerkonto hast, melde Dich bitte an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

• Aktivitäten

1. 12

Vom Flop zum Superstar, der Audi A2

2. 165

8. Audi A2 Schraubertreffen am 06.04.2024 in 59510 Lippetal / You are welcome 🚘

3. 165

4. 165

5. 35

Welchen A2 sollte ich zum gelegentlichen Gebrauch und für eine lange Haltezeit kaufen? (Motor, Ausstattung, ...)

6. 99

E10 – Verträglichkeit

7. 99

E10 – Verträglichkeit

8. 35

Welchen A2 sollte ich zum gelegentlichen Gebrauch und für eine lange Haltezeit kaufen? (Motor, Ausstattung, ...)

9. 99

E10 – Verträglichkeit

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir verwenden Cookies. Mit weiteres surfen erklären Sie sich mit diesen einverstanden.