Audi A2 1,2 TDI starter doesn't turn when turning the starter key

myhr

Audi A2 1,2tdi 2002 starter doesn’t turn. Help

Problem description.

Suddenly the starter didn’t turn.

My first thought was failure in the starter. I disconnected terminal 50 on the starter and put 12v on.

The starter didn’t engage. Failure was no connection between the pull in winding and starter (bad torque nut on solenoid). Now when fixed and connecting 12 v to terminal 50 on the starter (normal cable disconnected) the car starts.

But not through turning the ignition key.

So one or more criteria for start are not fulfilled and no failure codes are set.

When moving the gear shift lever from P to R the gear is not changed on the gearbox, nothing moves.

Tried to do a basic setting, when doing “Gear Actuation Adaption”, block 14 field 1 says “Ing off!” where is should change from WAIT to ADJUST.

What could be the failure?

Ingition key terminal 15 failure ?

Something with power supply to the gearbox ECU? ??? HELP !

Where is the starter relay located?

Answer in German if easier.

MFG Kurt Myhr

Tried to do a basic setting, when doing “Gear Actuation Adaption”, block 14 field 1 says “Ing off!” where is should change from WAIT to ADJUST.

Hej Kurt,

the gear selector lever has to be in the left position to start the basic setting. That's all.

Thanks " Der Weise" .

What a misstake from me !! I was irretated as I couldn't find why the car didn't work. Will make the "basic setting " and see what happens, I am not that hopeful.

After doing Basic setting (with gear lever in correct postion !!) the car started :). I think "the system" didn't like that I started the car with putting 12v to terminal 50.