Zum Inhalt springen
In den nächsten Tagen sind umfangreiche Aktualisierungen des gesamten Systems geplant. Dazu muss der Server mehrmals offline gehen. Wir bitten die damit verbundenen Unannehmlichkeiten zu entschuldigen. Euer Admin -Artur- ×

Mount "1.4 16V AFK-77kw" engine in an A2 benzin

Mako

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi all, I hope you can help me out. And sorry for the english :rolleyes:

I'm planning to get a used 1.4 16V AFK-77kw engine from a old Lupo or Polo at the junk yard and install it in my A2 which currently have the 1.4 16V AUA-55kw stock engine. And my question is:

Have anyone done this before? and do you think it possible to do without to much work?

And what are the difference between the engines seen from a installing point of view?

Any help are really appriciated ?(

Mako, Sweden

why not just go straight for the 1.6GTI @ 125PS?

problems: Gearbox, driveshafts, wiring loom....

i don't know anyone that's actually done it - though there are quite a few who would like to...;)

have you asked your mechanic?

the engine should fit, but....what do the spare parts websites say? is it the same part for the clutch for the 55 and 77kw polo? that should give you a good idea.

Bret

PS : "jag talar inte svenska" - puhumme suomea - your english is good :)

Kitos bretti_kivi for the input :D

Q: why not just go straight for the 1.6GTI @ 125PS?

A: I'd like to pass the Swedish emissons and there fore I'd like something moderate to begin with.

Yeah I know that many people wouldn't do the swap, and no one have never called me normal anyway ;) But to tune the stock 75 PS engine to 100 PS I think would cost more then have the engine adapted to the A2.

But the question is which parts that differ from the engine models? I've heard that the gearbox might be a problem since it diffrent from the VW.

But I can't think that they have done it so diffrent since the AUA-55kw model also are present in the Lupo line of engines?

Do someone have a link to a parts catalouge for the engines?

Any input really appriciated :)

Deine Meinung

Schreibe jetzt und erstelle anschließend ein Benutzerkonto. Wenn Du ein Benutzerkonto hast, melde Dich bitte an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir verwenden Cookies. Mit weiteres surfen erklären Sie sich mit diesen einverstanden.